The Grayson County School Board announced today that it will begin the process of hiring a new superintendent by seeking public input on qualifications. The Board has created a survey related to superintendent criteria, which is available at:
The deadline for completing the survey is June 24, 2015.
A Special Called Meeting of the Grayson County School Board will be held on June 17, 2015, Grayson County Courthouse Boardroom at 6:00 p.m. The purpose of this meeting is for the Board to 1) go into Closed Session and 2) to take action on the following: personnel; Title I, Part A Application; Title II, Part A Application; Title VI, Part B, Subpart 2 Application; Title I, Part C Application; revised 2015-2016 teacher salary scale; 2014-2015 final school budget; and amended 2015-2016 school budget.
GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD
will hold a Public Hearing for the citizens of
Grayson County to give their priorities
for the qualifications of a
new school superintendent
TUESDAY, JUNE 30, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
Grayson County Courthouse Boardroom
129 Davis Street
Request For Proposal
School Account Auditing Services
Please click on link below for details
RFP for School Account Auditing Services (1).pdf
NEWS AND INFORMATION
GRAYSON COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL NUTRITION PROGRAMS
CHARGE POLICY/COLLECTION PROCEDURES
Unpaid meal charges are not allowed in the Child Nutrition Program according to cost principles determined in accordance with federal regulations. Therefore, no free meals may be served unless a student has been approved for such through the proper application process.
In order to ensure compliance, the following procedures will be implemented:
* Student cafeteria accounts have a $25 charge limit. Adults are not allowed to charge meals.
* Once the $25 limit is reached, students will not be allowed to purchase or charge a la carte items (bottled water, extra entrees, snack items, etc.)
* Once the limit is reached, all regular meals will be on a cash basis until the debt has been cleared or a payment plan arranged.
* An alternative meal may be served to students who have a cafeteria debt which exceeds the limit. For lunch, this meal will consist of a sandwich, milk, and fruit/vegetable. Breakfast will be cereal, toast and milk. No student will go hungry because of this policy.
* All account balances, both positive and negative, will be carried forward from year to year.
* Administrators may exclude students from extra‐curricular activities or restrict privileges for students who have a cafeteria debt. Students who have a payment plan and are making reasonable payments to reduce their debt should not be excluded or restricted.
* Prepayments are encouraged, as they result in faster lunch lines and more time for the students to eat.
* All money collected will be placed in the student account to be used for breakfast, lunch, and a la carte items. If the parent wants to set limits or restrict the sale of a la carte items on their child’s account, they should contact the school cafeteria manager.
* Parents are encouraged to sign up for an online account at myschoolbucks.com in order to add money to their account, and view activity and balances.
The following notification procedures will be used to remind parents of their child’s debt:
* Weekly contact will be made with parents if money is owed.
* When the debt reaches $25, the cafeteria manager will call the parents and notify them that no more charges can be made.
* If the debt is unresolved, the food service coordinator will call the parents.
* All calls will be documented, and parents will be encouraged to apply for free/reduced meal benefits if the need exists.
Congratulations to Melissa Jones, First Grade Teacher at Fairview Elementary School, who was chosen as Grayson County Schools Teacher of the Year!
Grayson County Schools Average Per Pupil Expenditures
In accordance with Section 22.1-91 of the Code of Virginia, we are providing you with the following per pupil expenditure report. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the School Board Office.
To view the report: Click Here
My School Bucks
Grayson County Schools is pleased to announce a new way for parents to pay and track balances on their child's lunch account. Please visit the link below for more information!
Kindergarten Registration for the 2015 – 2016 School Year
Grayson County Public Schools Kindergarten
Kindergarten registration will be held during the entire week of
February 2, 2015 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at each
individual elementary school. Children who are five by September 30, 2015 are
eligible to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2015-2016 school year. All parents
with children eligible to enroll in Kindergarten are urged to participate in
the registration process during this week, as it is extremely important for
planning purposes. Please contact the school or central office for
Policy Manual Notice
The Grayson County School Board makes its policy manual available in electronic and paper copy formats. The manual is available on the web by accessing Grayson County Public Schools' homepage http://www.grayson.k12.va.us, and clicking on the Departments, then Personnel tab. A paper copy is available at the School Board Office for any individual lacking internet access or opting to review the document in a paper format.
The Grayson County School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name and/or Title: Judy Greear, Assistant Superintendent
Address: P.O. Box 888 Independence, VA 24348
Telephone No.: (276)773-2832
Name and/or Title: Stephen Cornett, Director of Instructionand Assessment
Address: P.O. Box 888 Independence, VA 24348
Telephone No.: (276) 773-2832
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfmfor the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call1-800-421-3481